- A hydrocolloid is defined as a
colloid system wherein the colloid particles are dispersed in
- Hydrocolloids can be either irreversible (single-state) or
- Hydrocolloids are extremely versatile.
- Hydrocolloids are hydrophilicb
polymers, of vegetable, animal, microbial or synthetic origin, that
generally contain many hydroxyl groups and may be polyelectrolytes.
Process & Preparation
- The hydrocolloids process manufactures carrageenan, clarified locust
bean gum and other hydrocolloids.
- Preparation of the reversible hydrocolloid involved a careful
combination of the ingredients to assure a homogeneous mixture.
- Hydrocolloids retard the rate of water crystallization and that some
are more effective than others.
- Hydrocolloids is
used for Ostomy Applications.
- Hydrocolloids -
which are thickening, gelling and stabilizing agents used mainly in
food and beverage products, as well as oil field and pharmaceutical
- Hydrocolloids are
primarily used on decubitus ulcers, but are also used to a lesser
degree for dressing second degree burns and donor sites.
techniques will ensure appropriate use of TegadermTM Hydrocolloid
and TegadermTM Thin Hydrocolloid.
- An Impression
Technique is used to obtain accuracy of reproduction results with
- The global
hydrocolloid market is expected to grow at about 2.8%/ year, valued
at $3.9 billion by 2012.
- The hydrocolloid
market's growth is slowing because dressings from other markets are
slowly taking a bite out of the market.
hydrocolloids, the biggest market is Europe, followed by the
Americas - although it does depend somewhat on the technology.
Entrepreneur who wants the informations
on "General Information, Extraction
Process, Preparation, Technology, Applications, Patent, Consultants, Company Profiles,
Reports, Market" can E-mail us to