Technology, MSDS, Patent, Turnkey,
Company Profile, Study, Report, Market, Uses
Primary Information Services
- An insoluble matrix
usually available in the form of small (1–2 mm diameter) beads,
usually white or yellowish, fabricated from an organic polymer
substrate known as ion exchange resin/Polymer.
- Ion exchange resins are polymers
capable of exchanging particular ions within the polymer with ions
in a solution that is passed through them.
- Properties are highly ionic,
covalently cross-linked, insoluble polyelectrolytes.
- Depending upon the nature of the
exchangeable ion of the resin as a cation or anion ,these can be
classified as cationic or anionic exchange resins.
- The first step in the synthesis of
strong acid cation and anion exchange resins is a polymerization
- Ion-exchange resins are widely used in
different separation, purification, and decontamination
processes. Common examples are water softening and water
- In many cases ,Ion-exchange resins
were introduced in processes as a more flexible alternative to
the use of natural or artificial zeolites.
- Ion-exchange resins are used to remove
poisonous (e.g. copper) and heavy metal (e.g. lead or
ions from solution, replacing them with ions, such as sodium and
- In the manufacture of fruit juices
such as orange and cranberry juice, where ion exchange resins are
used to remove bitter tasting components and also improves the
- Macroporous ion exchange resins act as
a absorbers that efficiently bind color impurities. In addition,
decolorization also be done.
- The resins are prepared as spherical
beads 0.5 to 1.0 mm in diameter.
- In Industrial usage, resin is usually
regenerated every 12 to 48 hours.
- Ion-exchange resins are considered as
the true commodity corner in water treatment.
- Capacity of ion exchange resin is
defined as total number of chemical equivalents available for
exchange per some unit weight or unit volume of resin.
- In both beads and powder form, resins
are used extensively in all types of nuclear power plants in order
to minimize corrosion.
- Uses extends in pharmaceutical
formulations as ranged from simple Excipients for tablet , capsules
as disintegration to the rate controlling function in extended
- Offers high potential for many
innovative applications such as purification of concentrated chromic
acid bath, trivalent chrome bath recycling, acid
purification/retardation, precious metal recovery etc.
- Due to the versatile utility of ion
exchange resins, they are being used for various drug delivery and
Entrepreneur who want the information such as
"Technology, MSDS, Products, Process, Patent, Machinery, Turnkey, Company
Profile, Consultancy, Suppliers, Study, Report, Market, Uses about Ion-Exchange
Resins" can email
Primary Information Services
21 Murugappan St, SwamyNagar Ext2,
Ullagaram, Chennai - 600091, India.
Phone: 91 44 22421080
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
9444008898 Fax : 91 44 22423753